The Regulatory Week in Review: August 29, 2014
- The Obama Administration continued issuing regulations despite political risks for Congressional Democrats.
- President Obama pursued a politically binding global climate deal.
- Goldman Sachs agreed to pay a $3.15 billion settlement and buy back bonds from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Food companies tried to beat an FDA push to make the presence of chemicals in food more transparent.
- Governor Bobby Jindal sued the federal government over Common Core academic standards and tests.