The Regulatory Week in Review: June 20, 2014
- France began to consider new regulations for large American internet companies.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) began to finalize the 2014 renewable fuel standards under the Clean Air Act.
- A new study found that a quarter of all public company deals may involve insider trading.
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that federal laws prohibit straw purchases.
- The debate raged in California over the regulation of rideshare companies.
- Senators proposed raising the gas tax for the first time since 1993.
- President Obama proposed creation of “world’s largest marine sanctuary.”