The Regulatory Week in Review: April 4, 2014
- The HHS created a new security risk assessment tool to help health providers with HIPAA compliance.
- The FCC pursued new closed-captioning rules for television broadcasts to increase programming accessibility to viewers who are deaf and hard of hearing.
- The U.S. Army introduced tighter grooming regulations following leniency during the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- The FCC considered new onboard radar and radio requirements for ships to aid first responders.
- Switzerland’s competition commission, WEKO, opened an investigation into eight Swiss, British and U.S. banks over potential rigging of forex rates.