The Regulatory Week in Review: February 28, 2014
- The White House announced a proposal, supported by Michelle Obama, to change food labels to increase the font of calorie counts and suggest more appropriate portion sizes.
- A federal district court held that the Texas constitution violates the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses by banning same-sex marriages.
- The Governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, vetoed a bill that would have allowed businesses to deny service to gays and lesbians.
- The DOT proposed a rule to ban cell phone calls during flights.
- State regulators created a task force to coordinate new bitcoin regulation.