The Regulatory Week in Review: January 10, 2014
- The Barack Obama Administration reportedly announced proposed regulations as part of a gun control initiative.
- Senators Elizabeth Warren and Tom Coburn reportedly introduced a bill to force agencies to release the details of settlements the agencies reach.
- An interagency group reportedly released potential changes to chemical plant safety rules, responding to last year’s disaster in Texas.
- Healthcare experts reportedly raised concerns over “churning,” coverage gaps caused by patients swapping insurance programs.
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo reportedly announced a plan to allow some hospitals in New York to dispense medical marijuana.
- China reportedly tightened regulation on the so-called “shadow banking” industry.