The Regulatory Week in Review: June 21, 2013
- The Administrative Conference of the United States (ACUS) adopted recommendations on the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) adjudication consistency, independent agencies’ use of cost-benefit analysis, the informal rulemaking record, and agencies’ use of science.
- Health and environmental groups sued the EPA to force the agency to review its ozone standards.
- The SEC proposed two alternatives to money market fund regulation amendments that increase the transparency of risks.
- Federal lawmakers introduced a bill that would repeal a law requiring federal buildings to use less fossil fuel generated energy.
- Illinois governor signed a fracking law that requires the acquisition of permits, the provision of samples of fracking water, and the above-ground storage of fracking water.