The Regulatory Week in Review: May 17, 2013
- A HHS strike force charged eighty-nine people for their alleged involvement with Medicare fraud schemes totaling approximately $223 million in false billings.
- The Vermont State Legislature approved a bill making possession of up to an ounce of marijuana subject to civil fines instead of criminal penalties.
- The NRC requested public comment on a draft regulatory guide for radioactive material packaging and transportation.
- The Government Accountability Office (GAO) published a report finding that the IRS has internal control deficiencies and recommending improvements in the agency’s control over its financial management and accountability of resources.
- The Administrative Conference of the United States (ACUS) released draft recommendations for the use of cost-benefit analysis in independent agencies.